Virtual Audition Submission Information
Can’t attend an audition or want to audition ahead of time? This option is offered for some of our auditions and productions in addition to regularly scheduled in-person auditions. Check out our audition calendar to see which auditions are now featuring this virtual submission! Our goal as resident company at Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is to create an increase in the area’s pool of talent and give everyone a potential opportunity to perform, in addition to offering various performance styles & experiences for regional theatergoers.
What do you need? Depending on the role, just a resume and head shot, or a video camera or smart phone (for singing and/or dancing submissions) and Internet access; Of course, good lighting and decent sound are pluses, but don’t be discouraged if that won’t be the case with your submission. We just want to get some idea of who you are. We imagine you already have a resume and a headshot, then, all you need is to tell us what show and role you’re interested in (if any), we’ll take it from there! It’s simple… Here is the complete list of what you should include in your virtual audition:
- Contact Information, Resume, and Headshot
- A Specific Role (and show you might be interested in), plus (if applicable),
- A Short Video to include: You telling us who you are, what you like to do, or read something to us on camera
- 16 Bars of you performing a song, any song (if auditioning for a musical role). With or without an accompanist is acceptable.
- Dance performance/movement video – (solo or group) not to exceed 2 minutes. With or without an music is acceptable. Also, please include any special skills or conflicts in your correspondence.
Submit an email with the above attachments with “Audition Submission” written in the subject line to:
Upcoming Projects shown below; (please check our website page for full descriptions of our shows)
The 1940’s Radio Hour: Performance Dates (Rescheduled to Fall 2017): Now Accepting Virtual Auditions. *In-person auditions for this production will be announced in late summer 2017.
NBSC’s Spring Dance Festival: Performance Dates (Mar 3, 4, 5): Now Accepting Virtual Auditions. *In-person auditions for this production have already taken place.
A View From the Bridge: Performance Dates (Mar 17 – Apr 2), Auditions for this production have already taken place.
Guys and Dolls in concert: Performance Dates (Apr 28 – May 14), Now Accepting Audition Information.
Man of La Mancha: Performance Dates (Jul 21 – Aug 6), Now Accepting Audition Information.